Mrs. Olubunmi Egbeyemi is the Managing Director at The Foreshore School, Ikoyi, Lagos. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from the University of Lagos. As a product of a family of educationists and due to her passion for children, she went on to pursue a postgraduate diploma in Education from the University of Lagos in 1993. She started her career in the education sector as the Administrator of May Day School, where she spent 10 years before establishing Tenderloving Childcare (now The Foreshore School) in 2007.
She spoke on whose responsibility it is to invest in education at the second edition of Meet the Emeritus. The event held on February 16, 2018 at the Education Hub, Lagos. Here are 5 things we learnt from her fireside chat with Isabella Akinseye.
- Education is the knowledge sector and requires human capital to manage the infrastructure.
- The government has a major responsibility in investing in quality education for all of society.
- Investment in teacher training is key as a school is as good as its teachers.
- Parents should invest their time, commitment and funds in their children’s education.
- Real change in Nigeria’s education sector will come from strong and credible leadership.
Meet The Emeritus is a monthly hangout event for school leaders, educators, education entrepreneurs and policy makers to meet, network, learn, collaborate, have fun and grow together. Each month, an experienced and successful education entrepreneur, educator and policy maker is invited to share his/her wealth of experience with the registered and invited participants. This event is powered by Edusko Africa and supported by Teach for Nigeria.